DFWpilots
Sign in to follow this  
mparis

Nacogdoches, Garden Of (good) Eatin’ Country Cafe

Texas Monthly published an article listing the 40 best small-town cafes. I thought I would start listing some of them and how you can get to them from the nearest airport with reported courtesy car transportation. This is the sixteenth in the series:

Nacogdoches | pop. 31,135*

GARDEN OF (GOOD) EATIN’ COUNTRY CAFE

This treasure of old-fashioned country cooking plunked down between Nacogdoches and Douglass looks a bit like a farm stand, with a cheerful paint job and giant shutters propped open over a well-tended garden. The simple menu of specials changes daily (chicken and dressing, smothered pork chop, chicken and dumplings). All are made with fresh ingredients and a Southern accent. The cornbread is light and buttery. If you pass up the pie, made by hand in the tiny kitchen in full view of the dining room, you will live a life of painful and unrelenting regret. The pleasant, even jovial, waitresses add to the relaxed but amazing culinary experience, which, unfortunately, is no secret. Expect a wait. 4781 Texas Hwy. 21 W, 936-560-2030. Open Mon—Fri 11 a.m.—2 p.m. Closed Sat & Sun. AS

KDFW - KOCH = 142nm 117°

KOCH - Nacogdoches = 9.7sm

I'm time building for my CSEL currently and I'm trying to make the most of it by visiting places I haven't frequented. Any feedback on this Cafe as of lately?

I'm not sure about the cafe but I do frequent KOCH. I highly recommend Mikes BBQ on South street. It's a very short drive in the courtesy car. Try the Beef-N-Link PO-Boy.

Dave

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this