DFWpilots
Sign in to follow this  
pilottangocharlie

Reloaders

Any ammunition reloaders on the forum?

I've been reloading for a couple years and enjoy it. I am pretty new to the Dallas area and have yet to find a good source for powder and primers. Anybody know of a good place to get these? Right now I am in need of Accurate #2 and Winchester 231.

Tulsa has an awesome little shop that carries everything I ever needed. I may have to trek up there every few months if I can't find anything here.

I've been reloading for a couple years and enjoy it. I am pretty new to the Dallas area and have yet to find a good source for powder and primers. Anybody know of a good place to get these? Right now I am in need of Accurate #2 and Winchester 231.

Tulsa has an awesome little shop that carries everything I ever needed. I may have to trek up there every few months if I can't find anything here.

Cabelas on 35 usually has a good supply but it's been a while since I have been up there. Basspro in grapevine had a pretty good selection as well. I think there is a new Gander Mountain in grapevine as well.

The gun shows in Dallas and Fort Worth use to be good places to get good deal but for the last year I have found them to be to expensive. I have not been to the new shooting complex in Frisco but I would imagine they would have supplies as well. I hope this helps. If you interested I will looking to purchase some 45acp and 45colt brass in the next month or so.

I try to find people needing supplies and we order in bulk. I reload 45 acp, 45 colt,38 +p, 9 mm, 300 win mag, 12 gauge, 410 gauge.

If the prices are good there in Tulsa I would be willing to split a flight to get some supplies. With what they charge to ship powder these days it would be cheaper to go get it. LOL

Mikes Ammo Depot in Caddo Mills has some deals from time to time.I get most of mine here in Gilmer. The Big Town gun show there in Mesquite sometimes has some deals.Cabbellas has lots of supplies in a "sale" flyer now.Midway is supposed to be stocked up.

Primers have come back down and I picked some up at the Longview show for 31 a thousand,.I have a customer that is a BASS PRO dealer and he just got me 1K 9mm 115g FMJ for $91 total delivered and that beat some 115g wadcutters I bought in nov..

Load 9mm Lug & Mak,380,38 on my Dillon 550 and 257,308,300 savage,7.65,and 223 on a RCBS

I've been reloading since 1985 and have a well used Dillon RL550B. I stock for my own personal shooting habits over 60lbs of powder of different types and tens of thousands of primers an such.

I've found Southwest ammunition supply to be a good source they are in Mesquite, Texas 972-285-3644

206 W. Davis Street.

Southwest ammunition supply is pretty much set up for reloading they do sell fixed ammunition tho.

I like Midway Supply for bullets and cases.

Paul

Good topic... My dad has everything I could possibly need for reloading a variety of ammo, but he hasn't used any of it in at least 10 years. I have been thinking very seriously lately about setting all of this equipment up and loading some 9mm and 357 rounds. I also have a need for some 223, 243, 270 and 30-06. I will let y'all know if I get this going soon. Also, Cheaper than Dirt hasn't been mentioned, but I think they do have some reloading supplies. I have never been impressed with their ammo prices, but cannot say how they compare on other items. They have a few locations throughout the metro-mess I think.

-Stephen

Thanks for all the info! You guys would roll in the floor if you saw what I am reloading on.

I'm going to make a run to the east side next week and scope these places out.

Now we just need to get together for some shooting.

Anson-If you want some once fired 380 Auto brass drop me a PM with where you want it sent and I will send it to ya.

Thanks for all the info! You guys would roll in the floor if you saw what I am reloading on.

Anson-If you want some once fired 380 Auto brass drop me a PM with where you want it sent and I will send it to ya.

Heck I started reloading 45 Colt with a Lee Hand Loader. I used that for about three months and about 400 rounds later I upgraded to a turret loader LOL

Once you get hooked it's all over... For a while I was reloading and shooting about 250 rounds a week 45acp & 45 colt. I haven't done that much shooting in a while but really want to start again.

This flying thing has kind of drained all my free time however thanks to Walt it sounds like we might have a place to combine the two activities.

How bought a breakfast /lunch flyin meet?

Someone said they needed some 223 and Cabellas has some American Eagle(Federal?) for $7.99 a 20rd box. or some Fed 5.56 for 229 for 500 incl an ammo box.thats a drop in pricing from a year ago.

If anyone is interested I just noticed on the Dealsaver.com email I received this morning that a company called "Elite Security and Tactical Supply" is offering 50% off a reloading class at $92.00. Here is the company address. If anyone lives close to this outfit and goes by let us know what they have.

"Elite Security and Tactical Supply"

624 Jacie Court

Burleson TX 76028

817-773-1087

www.elitetac.com

I am a reloader as well.

I reload .40, .380, 9mm, and .38 Spcl.

the only reloading items i need to get elsewhere are primers, and powder. As I smelt my own lead and pour my own projectiles.

I too use Accurate #2 and Accurate #7. I partial to spherical powder! Works great in my progressive press.

If you go to Southwest Supply. Be Patient. as they don't get in a hurry and might even come across as not so friendly and that they have a "dont' care" attitude.

Just be patient, get your stuff, pay and leave. Most of the time they are good to work with but there is one individual that works there that could come across as "crass".

Your experience may be different. Just and FYI for you.

David

Do not waste your time going by Basspro. I was just there Sunday and they do not have hardly anything left. They are out of stock on almost all of the powder...

If anyone is interested I just noticed on the Dealsaver.com email I received this morning that a company called "Elite Security and Tactical Supply" is offering 50% off a reloading class at $92.00. Here is the company address. If anyone lives close to this outfit and goes by let us know what they have.

"Elite Security and Tactical Supply"

624 Jacie Court

Burleson TX 76028

817-773-1087

www.elitetac.com

Did anybody get the date for the 1/2 off price.I cant get thier calender to work.When you go to the NRA sign-up site,it only gives the dates and no discounts are shown.Its a good excuse to come over to FtWorth and visit grandkids

There is a course closer to me at Lindale on sat. March 1st.I want to take it simply to get the NRA certification.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this