DFWpilots
flyingfish

Is anyone still using this board?

I figured out recently that the board was back up, working well, and looking good but it doesn’t seem like it’s getting much use.  I don’t use Facebook but understood that a lot of users had shifted to a DFW Facebook thread( not sure what it’s called).  Is that where everyone went?  I see a lot of users on POA and CPS but don’t see the local DFW activity I used to see on here

gary

I check in on occasion, I'd use it more if there was some traffic.  I thought about starting a few fresh threads then inviting people over from Facebook, that might be enough to get it started again.  This thread has 14 views since you posted, so a few people are here.

I sold my plane little over a year ago.  Haven't been too interested in flying, but will stop in every few months.

I switched from planes to bicycles thinking I'd save money.  hahaha.  So funny.  But seriously, I haven't been up in 4 years.  I just tune in a bit here and there.

A couple of forums on Facebook seem to have most of the people.  The Piper forum went paid-only, and I have not really paid attention to the other, national forums.

The highest concentration of former/current DFW Pilot folks seem to be hanging out on the North Texas Aviators group on facebook. I've seen a fair number over on POA, but most of the folks I recognize by name seem to at least check in on the facebook group. 

I haven't been flying for over 5 years, but have started to dip my toes into the pond again.  I always check the site a few times a week, and if there was more activity would check more frequently.

A friend about 45 minutes is looking into insuring me on his Cessna 140.  If that works out I may get to fly a little more frequently.

Still checking in occasionally.

I've been pretty busy flying this last year.  With any luck I'll have a CL-60 PIC type rating this year and hopefully will get some contract work flying jets.  I've also been flying my own plane as much as time permits as an ATP rating would be helpful and I'm about 400 hours short of qualification.

Glad to see some activity. I’m new to DFW and fly full time. Love the local networking. I don’t have a “home Airport” here yet... hoping to find a place to call home soon.... or at least drink coffee and tell some lies! :-)

Got the beauty going into MDW last week... it’s not DFW but it’s sure a good picture for an iPhone camera.

CD1C5160-842F-443B-96D0-5A39244394C1.jpeg

I'm going to be drifting back here more frequently.  Most of the main traffic went to the North Texas Aviators Facebook page when the old server imploded.

Glad to see some of the old hands and some new hands posting here.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.